Tuesday 10 November 2015

How do i see myself as a Teacher.

I am studying to become a teacher. I have started to think seriously about what kind of teacher I want to be. As I think about this, five words came into my mind. Those five words are: passion, professional, flexible, style and humor. Although all of these five are very important I consider that having passion is the most important of all.

It doesn’t matter what my job is, if I’m not passionate about it I would not be able to do a great job. I know I have to be passionate about being a teacher, because this is not an easy job, and if I’m not passionate about it, well I can say now that this job then isn’t for me. I am really passionate about being a teacher and I just can’t wait to start working at this. I believe that if I’m not passionate about this job, I couldn’t get to be all of the other 4 characteristics that I mentioned before. Other thing about being a teacher is to always be a professional.

As I said before this job is not as easy as many people might think it is, and that’s why I, teacher to be, need to be professional at all circumstances. At school I’m going to confront many situations, not only with the students, but also with their parents, my colleagues and the community. I know that I will not only be a teacher, the one who is in charge of those students’ education, but that I am also a human being and I have to respect others and care for others’ needs. I will not only teach and care for my students, but also I will collaborate in all I can. This is why I have to be flexible too.

As a teacher, I should be flexible when teaching and helping others. A teacher must be flexible when teaching, and must not be rigid.

No comments:

Post a Comment